Selma has a unique niche market of antiques and music - check out these things to do!
- Flowers, fountains, concrete planters and an outstanding gift shop are what you will find at DeWayne’s in Selma.
- Find out who the Cornbread Man is at Atkinson’s Mill and take a tour of the old grist mill still producing outstanding cornmeal products. Where did hush puppies get their name anyway?
- Treat yourself to a lemonade or orangeade at Creech Drug Store soda fountain in Selma or a cup of Hershey's Ice Cream.
- Tap your foot to the country tunes and gospel music served up with style at the Live @ The Rudy Theatre in Selma – it’s a treat for the whole family! Shows change four times a year -- Easter, Summer, Country and Christmas themes draw in visitors from around the country!
- Visit the 1924 restored Selma Union Station where railroad exhibits fill the waiting area and learn about local Selma history. AMTRAK tickets are on sale in the lobby – take a ride and enjoy the rumble of the tracks.
- Shop, Shop and shop some more for memories gone by at the antique stores in the charming uptown Selma Antiques Shopping District.
- Home to the Carhartt jeans and big man apparel with sizes up to 52, Carolina Apparel in Selma is the place to shop.
- The Max G. Creech Local Museum of History is in Uptown Selma, and it full of interesting facts about the railroad, local history and info on who really invented VapoRub.
- Looking for a deal - shop the factory direct outlets, the largest cigar store in the world, JR's, and Soffe Factory Outlet.
- Crooked Row Produce is now open all year round with fresh local produce, jams, flowers, pumpkins and more!
Come back for these special events and festivals!
- If you're in Selma on the 3rd weekend in June participate in the 301 Endless Yard Sale. Selma is a pivotal stop along this annual 100 plus mile yard sale event that takes place over two days along US Highway 301.
- The first weekend in October is a fun time for the whole family in Selma at the Annual Railroad Days Festival! Food, music, arts and crafts, and a big parade!