Home of the best entertainment value in Smithfield! The Howell Theatre is a vintage, circa 1935, movie theatre that has been in constant operation for 77 years, and is one of the few remaining downtown theatres in North Carolina.
Features of the Howell include:
- Original restored hardwood floors in all auditoriums
- High-backed, rocking seating in the two downstairs auditoriums with extra legroom
- Fixed seating in a stadium style for the two upstairs auditoriums
- Cup-holders for all seats.
- Party room for up to 18 people for birthday parties (small additional fee required)
- Private showings available
- Open every day except Christmas, Easter, and Thanksgiving
- Street Parking:
- Hours: Open daily, check website for movie times.
- Child Specific Programs (12 & under):
- Family Friendly:
- Meeting Space/Rental:
- Pet Friendly: Not Pet Friendly
- Public Restrooms:
- Admission Charge:
- Military Discount
The Howell Theatre Summer Movie ProgramRecurring weekly on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday until August 17, 2023