Bone-in Pork Tenderloin
4-5 lb Bone-In Pork Loin
1/2 Gallon Water
1/2 Gallon Ice
1 Cup Kosher Salt
1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Gallon Ziploc Storage Bag
Redneck Scientific Competition Rub
Peanut (or canola) Oil
Smoker or Oven if you don’t have one
1. Bring 1/2 gallon of water, salt, brown sugar and 3 table spoons of Redneck BBQ Lab Rub in a pot on high heat on the stove to boil until sugar/salt dissolves.
2. Remove pot from heat and add 1/2 gallon of ice to cool mixture.
3. Place whole pork loin in 2 gallon Ziploc bag on baking sheet and pour cooled brine mixture over it. Press out as much air as possible and place in refrigerator overnight.
4. Remove pork loin from ZipLoc bag and pat dry with paper towel on sheet pan.
5. Lightly oil pork loin and sprinkle a generous amount of Redneck BBQ Rub on outside. Leave on counter to sit.
6. Build fire in smoker (recommended to use Royal Oak Charcoal and Cherry wood) and heat smoker to 275F
(or turn oven on 275F and let it warm up)
7. After at least 30 mins of sitting out on counter, put whole loin in the smoker directly on the smoking grate or in oven on the baking sheet.
8. Smoke/bake until pork loin reads 145F all over, spritzing the pork loin with apple juice every 30 mins.
9. Remove from smoker/oven and allow the loin to sit on counter (lightly covered with aluminum foil) for 10 mins until slicing.