The JCVB provides a number of valuable tools for helping you market your tourism business via brochures, social media marketing, and packaging. We encourage you to use all that we offer -- most all are FREE through the hotel room tax paid by visitors to the county.
Order Visitors Guides: To request a supply of the Visitor Guides, call 919-989-8687 and you may link off to the online PDF version of the same guidebook.
Social Media Information
Social media outlets are key tools used to help maintain visitor retention by creating brand ambassadors. From monitoring blogs and travel-related sites to being the facilitator of online conversations, the JCVB is actively engaging in multiple social outlets. The social media plan is based on an understanding of where and when our target audiences create and consume media online. Then we find the best ways to engage these consumers in their own environments at the right time and with the right message.
Facebook.com – Like us on the Johnston County Page
Twitter.com – Follow us @JoCoTourism
Pinterest.com - Follow the JCVB Pinterest Page
YouTube.com - Follow the Johnston County Youtube Channel
Instagram.com - Follow us at VisitJoCo
LinkedIn.com - Follow us at Johnston County Visitors Bureau
JohnstonCountync.org – newly re-designed site represents all county tourism assets and offers over 900 local business listings/events.
Individual town sites – Individual town websites exist to house unique content for six JoCo towns with hotels generating the room tax, and each has separate brands for tourism promotion. Please check each town site and provide any feedback to the JCVB team. Additional microsites exist for all towns in the county.
Closely aligned with the JCVB's leisure marketing strategies there is an emphasis on packaging for Girls Weekends and Sip and Stay markets. Individual and group consultation sessions are offered periodically to industry partners who want to learn more about effective packaging strategies and logistics. Industry partners wishing to participate in packaging opportunities may contact our sales department for an appointment.
Year-Round Themed Promotions. These provide an umbrella under which our partners can join JCVB in promoting special offers tied to specific times of the year, including Spring Break/Easter time, Summer Season, and Shop Local for the Holidays, which are key high-peak travel periods.
Link to JohnstonCountync.org
Do you love Johnston County tourism? Then link to us! Just copy and paste a code option from below to your blog or website to show your support of Johnston County!
Link with logo, right click and copy image
Link only to: http://www.johnstoncountync.org
The JCVB participates primarily in leisure publications targeted to the North Carolina and eastern seaboard markets, taking advantage of several cooperative programs with the VisitNC group, a division of the public/private partnership, Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina.
Conference & Sports Services
The goal of Conference Services is to support meetings and conference bookings by providing customers with assistance and services that enhance their meetings.
Conference Services assists in the sales process and strives to assist planners in making their meetings in the Johnston County area as successful as possible, resulting in a commitment to return with future business.
Meeting planners are introduced to Conference Services either in the booking stage during site visits or from informational packets detailing overall services available, samples of services you can be involved with are:
- Attendance Builders - For large groups coming to the county, your business can provide coupons, items for gift bags, rack cards.
- Site Inspections - When the sales team is hosting a meeting planner, your business may be highlighted by hosting the planner overnight, admission and tour, or hosting a meal.
- Planning Meetings - Do you plan meetings locally or for state organizations in which you are a member, our staff can assist in finding a venue or provide a JoCo gift bag to showcase our community when you are traveling to larger conferences.
- Registration Assistance - You can join the JCVB to work welcome/registration tables for on-site event/conference assistance (restaurants, shopping information) and general conference assistance.
- Brochure Fulfillment - For groups of all sizes, Conference Services provides brochures and maps highlighting the things to see and do in our area. Photographic images, CD’s, and promotional items are also available. Don't forget to call us to share these materials at your event!