Play ball in Johnston County, swim or run a triathlon...we have the facilities to host your tournament or event!
Baseball, football, basketball and soccer are traditional sports facilities for the communities of Johnston County, with tournaments held in the county all year round. Today, the county also hosts tournaments for Bocce Ball, gymnastics, wrestling, triathlons, and swim meets, just to name a few!
Sports organizers will find two community and sports complexes at the Clayton Community Center and the Smithfield Recreation & Aquatics Center...both eager to accommodate your next sporting event.
For more information on different sports facilities in Johnston County, contact our Sports & Leisure Sales Manager, Sarah Elizabeth Campbell at 1-800-441-7829.
- Press Releases
- Recent Articles
- Image & Video Library
- Story Ideas for Media
Background Files for Media Use
- Bentonville Battlefield State Historic Site...The battle that probably should have never even been fought
- Johnston County History
- Ava Gardner Museum...International film legend’s modern-day fairy-tale
- Atkinson’s Milling Company...The wheels keep on turning in Johnston County
- Tobacco Farm Life Museum...Rural Heritage Tourism at its best!!
- Selma, Your Antique destination on I-95 A Town Reborn!
- Fast Facts for Media Use
- Suggested Media Fam Trips
- Request Media Assistance