Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups pecans, coarsely chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line bottom and sides of a 9×13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temp butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until coarse crumbs form. Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.
3. Bake until lightly browned, 25-30 minutes. Let cool, 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, in same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and 2 TBS melted butter until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust.
5. Bake until set, 25-30 minutes. Cool completely in pan before lifting out (use foil to lift). Cut into bars.