Now under construction in south Smithfield, a housing concept that has your retirement in mind. Universal homes have the future needs of seniors pre-build into the construction process. What you may need in the way of handicapped features like wider doorframes, accessible vanities, and even an elevator shaft is built in anticipation. Plus they are beautiful homes...and their location in Smithfield is across from a small dog park.
By definition: Universal housing is housing designed to be used by all people to the greatest extent possible. Homes designed to a universal standard are liveable for the majority of the population and accommodate whatever comes along in life easily and inexpensively.
What community features in Smithfield also makes retiring here a great choice...of course, our location just 30 minutes from Raleigh, but here's a few more:
- Walking trails along the 3-mile Buffalo Creek Greenway
- Johnston Health, a UNC Hospital Complex
- Community theater, museums, and a thriving downtown
- Carolina Premium Outlets offering 25-65% off national brand names everyday
- Smithfield Recreation & Aquatic Center