2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
4 oz. block of caramel, cut into 16 pieces or 16 caramel candies
16 bittersweet chocolate disks (1" to 1 1/2" disks)
A pinch of sea salt, to garnish each candy
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F.
2. Divide the pecans into 16 small piles on a parchment-lined or lightly greased baking sheet (a scant 2 teaspoons pecans each).
3. Flatten each caramel cube into the size of a half dollar, and place on the pecans.
4. Heat in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, until the caramel softens and begins to melt.
5. Remove from the oven; wait 1 minute, then top each cluster with one disk of chocolate, pressing it into the softened caramel gently.
6. Top each candy with a few flakes of coarse sea salt.
7. Allow the caramel and chocolate to cool and set before removing candies from the pan.