Bailey and Sarah Williamson Preserve
- Address: 4409 Mial Plantation Rd., Raleigh, NC 27610
- Phone: (919) 908-8809
Seven miles of multi-use trails for walking and biking with 1 mile just for walking. Trails go one way, so please pay attention to signs. Sunday-Wednesday, walkers turn right at trail intersections, and bikers and runners turn left. Thursday-Saturday, walkers turn left, and bikers and runners turn right. The preserve is open daily from dawn to dusk.
- Enter only via designated parking lot.
- Follow proper trail directions.
- Trail users are asked to be polite and courteous to fellow patrons.
- Most trails at Williamson Preserve go in one direction. Sunday-Wednesday, walkers turn right at trail intersections, and bikers and runners turn left. Thursday-Saturday, walkers turn left, and bikers and runners turn right.
- Trail users must ride or walk on the right side of the trail.
- Trail users must give an audible warning before passing others. Announce yourself and slow down to pass.
- Patrons must obey all signs.
- Helmets are required for all riders.
- Bicyclists must ride single-file.
- Stop only on the shoulder of the trail.
- Ride at a responsible, controlled speed.
- Motorized vehicles must be parked in the parking lot and may not be used anywhere other than the parking lot. Vehicles parked along the road are subject to removal. No overnight parking.
- Pets must be leashed at all times with no exception, and all waste must be removed from the preserve. This is incredibly important for the safety of other visitors, wildlife, and farm animals who could be harmed by off-leash pets and waste.
PROHIBITED ACTIVITIES AND ITEMS:
- Littering – Off-trail riding and hiking
- Horseback riding (no horses are allowed at the preserve)
- Racing on bikes
- Electric bikes (e-bikes)
- Smoking – Bringing or consuming alcohol
- Collecting plants and wildlife
- Feeding wildlife or livestock
- Approaching or handling livestock or farm equipment
- Tents and/or camping
- Using drones
- Metal detecting
- Commercial activity of any kind
ARCHAEOLOGY, SALVAGE, AND PHYSICAL PROPERTY:
- Any and all ruins or artifacts found in the preserve are the property of TLC and may not be removed without consent.
- Visitors may not alter, deface, damage or otherwise change any monuments, either natural or manmade, within the preserve.
- Geocache placements must be permitted by TLC.
- Parking Lot:
- Hours: Dawn to Dusk
- Pet Friendly: Pet Friendly