Tomato Cucumber Salad
When it's hot outside and you've been working all day, a easy summer-time salad is easy to prepare and goes well with any grilled meats and is a tasty side dish on the Sunday table.
- 1/2 sweet Vidalia onion or Purple Onion if you refer, thinly sliced
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 large tomatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil (optional)
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add onion and cucumber to large bowl and toss with vinegar. Let sit while you prepare the rest of the ingredients.
- Cut tomatoes into thin wedges and add to bowl with cucumbers and onions. Add olive oil, basil, salt and pepper and toss.
Yield: 6-8 servings