We've got you covered. Not just for your normal business meetings, we have many unique venues for weddings, family reunions, conferences, and outdoor spaces for shows, concerts, and expos.
One of our new marketing pieces is the Meeting Facilities Guide, a printed piece promoting Johnston County as a prime meeting destination in the Triangle. Why not try something new, convenient and affordable? Here are a few reasons why you should plan your gathering in our county.
- Just 30 minutes from the Triangle area.
- Conveniently located along interstates I-95 and I-40.
- Unique venues such as historic homes, wineries & breweries, and outdoor spaces.
- A variety of hotels, restaurants, and shops to entertain your guests.
- Venues are affordable and accessible.
- The Visitors Bureau is here to help assist planners with site inspections, bids for space, leads for group hotel rates, and conference services (a MAJOR plus!).
Johnston County's largest auditorium space is the Paul A. Johnston Auditorium in Smithfield that seats 1,000 and for sit-down meals the Ag-Center in Smithfield and The Farm outside of Selma hold approximately 400 people. If you aren't looking for a large space, there are several intimate venues such as the newly opened Brick & Mortar in Clayton.
As the demand for meeting space grows, local business leaders are expanding to accommodate inquiries. On our part, we plan on attending more meeting related tradeshows to make connections with planners in a variety of regions. To receive a copy of the Meeting Facilities Guide or to learn more about meeting in Johnston County, please contact us at 919-989-8687 or search our website, johnstoncountync.org/meetings.