Johnston County becoming a Wedding Destination
Brides have discovered several historic homes, horse farms, and wineries in Johnston County are perfect for their wedding venue. Located just 30 minutes east of Raleigh, the state capital and Raleigh/Durham International Airport, wedding guests will find our destinations easily accessible.
Preston Woodall House in Benson, NC is an award winning historic bed and breakfast with a 3,000 sq. foot ballroom and several cottages for guests. The Farm Entertainment Complex and Portofino Horse Barn are two rustic options for brides, along with Hinnant, Gregory and Enoch Wineries for lovely outdoor ceremonies among beautiful vineyards.
In addition, the Visitors Bureau offers free services designed to make your event planning simple and stress free:
- Suggestions for ceremony and reception sites
- Provides room block assistance with overnight accommodations
- Provides visitor information for your out-of-town guests
- Gift bags for event attendees
This mix of location, amenities, and venues combines to make Johnston County a regional wedding destination. Brand new to the area in 2017 is the Barn at Broadslab. This venue promises to be the perfect mix of rural and charming with room for around 300. The best part? It's a working moonshine distillery! Broadslab Distillery in Benson, NC will open this unique wedding venue in the fall of 2017.
- Press Releases
- Recent Articles
- Image & Video Library
- Story Ideas for Media
Background Files for Media Use
- Bentonville Battlefield State Historic Site...The battle that probably should have never even been fought
- Johnston County History
- Ava Gardner Museum...International film legend’s modern-day fairy-tale
- Atkinson’s Milling Company...The wheels keep on turning in Johnston County
- Tobacco Farm Life Museum...Rural Heritage Tourism at its best!!
- Selma, Your Antique destination on I-95 A Town Reborn!
- Fast Facts for Media Use
- Suggested Media Fam Trips
- Request Media Assistance