Some suggestions for things to do with family and friends anytime you are in town.
- Shop in Downtown Benson for vintage furniture, collectibles and antiques at Morgan's on Main, Farmhouse Vintage Treasures, and Salvaged Heirlooms.
- Find the soldier’s uniform from World War I at the Benson Museum of Local History on Main Street in Benson. Or see how many farm tools you can identify.
- Stop in Warren's Drug Store on Main for an old-fashioned lemonade from their soda fountain.
- Try your hand at trivia nights and music bingo at two locations (Benson has nightlife!) at Fainting Goat Brewing and Salvaged Heirloom's.
- Take a picnic lunch to the Benson Singing Grove with the whole family and enjoy the shelter for the adults and playground for the kids!
- For the largest southern buffet anywhere, visit Meadow Village Restaurant seven miles south on Hwy 50 from Benson. It is worth the drive, trust me!
- Make three stops on the Beer, Wine, and Shine Trail at Broadslab Distillery, Fainting Goat Brewing Co. and Gregory Vineyards. Jeremy at Broadslab will always have a story for you!
- Drop in Medlin's Ace Hardware for old-fashioned Christmas candy and shelled pecans for holiday recipes.
- Shop at boutiques in Benson for women's clothing and accessories -- discover Royal Boutique and Twisted M Apparel.
- Enjoy homemade waffles all day long at Cornerstone Cafe, gluten free treats at JP's Pastry or a large pizza pie at Anthony's LaPiazza after any of the above activities!
Seasonal Events or Attractions - check for dates and times!
Here are a few things to do which are available only at certain times of the year -- mark your calendar for these special events!
- Take a trip down a waterslide at Tucker Lake near Benson which is open May to September. Bring some sunscreen!
- Honor the farming heritage of Benson and the beast of burden at the annual Benson Mule Days Festival held the fourth weekend each September.
- Drive through the bright lights of the Meadow community, ride Santa’s train and visit the Country Christmas Candy Store for some old-fashion sweet treats.
- Enjoy a variety of beach music at the Sundown Concerts hosted by the Benson Chamber of Commerce, or head to Benson the fourth weekend in June for the Benson State Singing Convention.
- Enjoy a day picking strawberries or blueberries, meeting farm animals, fishing, and enjoying a cold ice cream on a hot day at Smith's Farm.