- Address: 1358 O'Neil St., Clayton, NC 27520
- Phone: (919) 553-1550
- Fax: (919) 553-1521
Sam's Branch Greenway is a 1.25 mile, 10-foot-wide paved multi-purpose trail adorned with a public art project involving local artists and school children. The new expansion also means that the trail now takes hikers and bikers into Downtown Clayton proper.
Sam's Branch leads to the winding Neuse River and connects with the Clayton River Walk on the Neuse, a 4-mile section of the North Carolina Mountains-to-Sea Trail that connects with other trails which go up to and past the Wake/Johnston County line. In total, there is now 70 contiguous miles of greenways from Downtown Clayton to Raleigh, Durham, and beyond!
To ease access to these trails, the Town of Clayton has provided multiple trailhead/parking areas along the trail.
Fun Facts about Sam's Branch Greenway Trailhead & Parking. Did you know that from 1358 N O'Neil Street to:
- Outdoor Public Art is 1 mile
- Neuse River is 1.25 miles
- Pedestrian Bridge over Neuse is 1.75 miles
- Clayton River Walk on the Neuse Trailhead & Parking is 2.25 miles
- Wake County Line is 5.25 miles
- Falls Lake Dam in Raleigh is 33 miles
- Handicap Accessible:
- Parking Lot:
- Hours: Monday-Friday 7am-9pm, Saturday 8am-4pm, Sunday 1pm-5pm
- Pet Friendly: Pet Friendly Outside Only