We call it a Sweet Tooth, those of us who love to indulge. Maybe it's chocolate or cheesecake or a perfectly warm donut, something that goes well with a hot cup of coffee. Maybe it's ice cream or a brightly-colored snowcone, melting in the summer heat. All over Johnston County, you can find fun and unique places to get sweet treats, and some chain options too if you're craving the familiar. The map below outlines each delicious stop along this newly developed, and sugary trail!
Some stand-outs include:
- An NC-based favorite recently featured in Our State Magazine, Burney's glazed croissants.
- Beer ice cream - the love child of Selma's Old Fashioned Ice Cream and Smithfield's Double Barley Brewing.
- Get baked goods from a certified gluten-free kitchen at JP's Pastry for those with special dietary needs.
- For those with sweet tooths that can't have sugar, Jenny's Sweet Creations has a special sugar-free selection.
- Indulge in an entire menu of giant, hand-crafted milkshakes at Clayton General Store.
No matter what you're craving, there's something to satisfy every sweet tooth along this JoCo trail!