Make some memories with family and friends when you can -- in Clayton, of course!
- Take a 2-hour canoe trip on the river with Neuse Adventures Canoe & Kayak Rentals in Clayton.
- Get to Clayton Community Farmer’s Market early and often for delicious locally baked foods, local honey and seasonal fresh produce.
- For some legal craft beer tasting -- stop by Deep River Brewing in Clayton and enjoy the food truck sure to be there serving up some fun food! There is a second stop on the Beer, Wine and Shine Trail now in Clayton at the same location - visit InStill Distillery for a tasting and tour!
- Enjoy a performance at the 600-seat performing arts auditorium, The Clayton Center, in the restored Clayton high school.
- In October, Boyette Farms turns into the Clayton Fear Farm complete with haunted houses, scary hay rides and much more. Return to Boyette Farms at Christmas time for a hayride along the Neuse River for the “Lights on the Neuse”.
- Enjoy a sweet treat at the Clayton Bakery, Nancy Jo's Homemade, or Patty Cake's Littlest Cupcake Shop - where homemade goodness awaits!
- Take at nightlife crawl in Downtown Clayton at Revival 1869, A Drinkery, First Street Tavern or Corked & UnTapped. You might need an Uber with all these fun spots!
- Public Art Trails, art galleries, art shows and performing arts is the theme for the Town of Clayton. Enjoy the downtown streetscapes -- a place for artists and art lovers!
- Have you ever eaten in a silver bullet diner – make the trip to the Rockin’ Comet Diner in Clayton. Save room for dessert!
- Try out Epic Axe in Downtown Clayton to release your inner lumberjack!
Annual festival are fun too - check the calendar for these annual events in Clayton!
- The Clayton Harvest Festival is the perfect time of year when the weather is cool and the streets are hopping with carnival rides, beer tents, music and more.
- Concerts on the Town Square brings families out for food, music, and fun! It's a great evening to relax and dance too!